Well, I'm just glad last week is over.
Didn't get my SURF, horrible bus ride to Antigua, confusion galore in Xela....and then I found out I didn't have my passport OR ATM card. Called the hostel in Antigua, and thank God they had it. But it's a good 4 hours by chicken bus to Antigua. I was going to do the whole thing on Thursday, but I got there at 11 am to be told that the person who had the key to the place they had my stuff was gone until 5 or 6 at night. So I got to hang out in Antigua with approximately $2 for 6 hours. Then, since you can't go places at night in Guatemala, I had to stay the night, came back friday.
After that things got better (how could they not?). On Saturday I went with 2 other girls who are staying here to some hot springs up in the mountains a ways. Really pretty and relaxing. And in the evening we went to a soccer game. There was no room in the stands when we got there, so with some help from a couple guys and a convienient taco stand roof we climbed onto the outside wall of the stadium and watched from there. Good view, really. It ended up tied, 2-2. Too bad.
On Sunday I went shopping in Chichicastenango with Kat. And managed not to let all the bargaining and little kids selling stuff make us too crazy. We mostly succeeded.
This week I'm still at Proecos. We'll see how things go. Next week I may be in Cunen, I don't know.
April 26, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment