November 4, 2006

Invitation, preparation

I got an invitation just a couple of weeks ago to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer in Ecuador, beginning February 6, 2007. That's 3 months and 2 days from today. I just sent in an updated resume and aspiration statement to the Ecuador country desk. The resume wasn't that hard, but the aspiration statement was like pulling teeth.

Now I'm getting passport paperwork set up--I had to have my parents send me my birth certificate since I'm going to need to renew my personal passport as well as get a special Peace Corps passport (which doesn't give me diplomatic immunity, unfortunately). And also trying to pack. For 2 years. Within an 80 lb. weight limit. I have a list. Maybe I'll post it here for people to comment on...

So I'm starting the old blog back up as a way to keep in touch with people back home. It may at some point need to be passport protected, depending on Peace Corps policy in Ecuador, and if that happens I'll post to let people know how to view the rest of the posts.

No comments: