March 25, 2007

San Lorenzo pt.1

I'm back from San Lorenzo, and I'm even more excited about my site now. My counterpart is a woman with three kids who's in charge of the savings and loan cooperative there. We're going to start off by visiting all of the sectors of the "parroquia" of San Lorenzo and looking at what kinds of projects we can start with, either family gardens or microenterprise type stuff. They're working on repairing an old irrigation canal, and once that gets under weigh that'll be my main project. I'm really excited about it.




Here's some pictures for all you guys:


The coop:







My house is down the driveway to the left:


The town from above, on our way back from the canal:

My counterpart, Maria Elena, and I at the intake for the canal. It's gorgeous.

OK, that's all for now, I need to get home and do some laundry. We're leaving Thursday for a 10-day tech trip, so I'm not sure how the contacting folks will go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary -- so glad you're excited about your site -- sounds great! Am sure you'll be able to do some good things. We'll keep praying for you.
Love, Grandma