June 4, 2004

homeward bound

Well, I flew into LAX on Wednesday afternoon, got picked up by jeff and mason and ross,
and spent about 3 hours at Caltech, ate Pres Thai and got a backrub, then got back on
a plane at 11:50, got to Chicago at 5:50, on a bus at 7:15, to Mishawalka at 10:30, and home
(after some lunch) at 1:30. Blech.

My dad picked up a family friend and her son (Amy and James) in Chicago later that evening.
So they're staying in my room and I'm sleeping in my sister's closet. Yes, the closet. It is
a very large closet, but still a closet, and my clothes ARE "stored" in a big pile in one corner
and it's altogeter not terribly pleasant.

Friday we went down to Muncie to the Academy to get a bunch of Katherine's Stuff, and there was this
dinner thing, and then Saturday was graduation and then we came back here and on Tuesday I had a job interview
at an organic farm and I got the job and I started working half days Wednesday. And Katherine's
open house is tomorrow (Saturday) so we've been cleaning house and fixing things all week. And I have
a cold/cough/annoying disease.

And tomorrow after the open house I'm going to Centerville Indiana (4 hour drive) to a party where I
will hang out with people I haven't seen in years or ever. Which will be entertaining.

And you know how they talk about culture shock? yeah, well, i've got it. I went into the grocery store and
the sheer volume of soft drink choices really tripped me out.

And finally, if you live in Indiana, call me up.

No comments: