So believe it or not I've been here 3 weeks. I certainly can't believe it.
Wednesday, we decided to find out how much it'll cost us to get around the country seeing people and places and etc. The plan is to go from Buenos Aires to Rosario to Cordoba to Neuquen to Bariloche to Parque Nacional los Glacieres and then back to Buenos Aires. Yeah. It's complicated. Particularly since Parqe... is in the far south part of Patagonia, about as far from here as it's possible to get in the same country. And so we trekked off to the bus station to get some info. It's not like in the States, where there's Greyhound and Greyhound, there's about a bazillion different companies and most of them don't go everywhere and there is no centralized information anywhere. BLECH! It ended up not being too bad, because we stumbled onto a company that goes most of the places we want to be, and the information lady was really helpful and patient, but it was really complicated. It ended up costing 458 pesos to do the whole circuit. Which is that divided by 3 dollars. Which is really quite reasonable. Although I'm really glad they un-pegged the peso from the dollar, because $458 would be a little rediculous. We're connecting with other MTDs and campesino groups in Rosario, Cordoba, and Neuquen, so that's going to be really cool. Although I'm going to miss Buenos Aires. It's really an awesome city.
And we made falafel and hummus. We made the excellent discovery that there is a food processor in our kitchen. Yay! So we were spared the injustice of purchasing a 15 peso jar of tahini, AND we can make peanut butter. Rock and roll. The falafel and hummus were real tasty.
Today we went shopping. Christmas shopping a bit, and back to Madres, where we bought more AWESOME books. We'd better not go back or we're going to buy the whole store. And now what with everything being in Spanish and therefore taking ten times as long to read, we're set on reading material for the rest of our lives. And Becky got a camping stove, since we want one for travelling and hiking with, and she doesn't have one. Good exchange rates are awesome. Next time I come somewhere like here I'm bringing a shopping list.
I want to stay here forever!
October 9, 2003
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment